Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OWH Muscle card challenge

Since I challenged myself to get a box mailed to Operation Write Home for the Muscle Card Challenge, I'm getting a box ready to mail.  They need to be half masculine or Father's Day and half other cards.  I managed to make 11 cards in each category this month.  This is my final 'other' card.
I inked the inside of the front half my Cuttlebug 'Musical Flourish' embossing folder, then inserted a piece of white cardstock and ran the folder through the Big Shot.  The raised areas remain white and the background is colored my the Adirondak Pesto ink.  This embossed piece was trimmed and mounted on a card base of DCWV textured cardstock.  Tip: This dark colored card base will need a lighter colored liner, so our heroes have a place to write their message.

I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with the same pesto ink on white cardstock.  I cut it out with a Spellbinders classic oval Nestibility.  The frame is cut from same cardstock as card base with a lacy oval Nestie.  Tip:  When using these dies with small openings, it is best to place waxed paper between die and cardstock when running through the die cut machine.  This makes the small cut-out pieces easier to remove.

To finish off my box to OWH, I always include at least one any hero card.  These cards have a written message to thank the troups for keeping us free.  We are so proud of all of them.  The cards don't need to be patriotic, but this one is made with my new Starry Sky punch by Martha Stewart.
The red & white stripes are from a Mat Stack from DCWV.  The sentiment is from a new set of Hero Mail stamps that I won from OWH, made by Amuse Studio.

I need to write a personal message inside this card, then tuck them all into envelopes and pack for mailing to my shipper at Operation Write Home.  They need to be in her possession by April 30, so she can pack them into boxes and mail them to our deployed troups.  They need time to write in the cards and mail them to their loved ones at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment