Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving time

As age creeps up on me, I'm learning a few things.  It takes me longer to design a card and even longer to get the cards made.  For this reason, I must start well ahead of the time I need to mail my cards.  This works out well for Operation Write Home because their card deadlines are far ahead of most card makings.  The cards have to be boxed up and mailed to the shippers, who have to repackage them and send them to the troops.  This makes it possible for our heroes to write a personal message and send the cards to their loved ones back home.

I spent our hot summer months here in the desert making Thanksgiving and Christmas cards.   Since many of you are just beginning to think of the holiday season, I plan to post some of the cards that were made months ago.

This stamp is from Paper Inspirations.  They make a series of these stamps for many occasions.  The punched frame is made with a punch set by Martha Stewart.  The patterned paper is from my stash, so I don't know who made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment