Saturday, December 2, 2017

Christmas cards

Since I'm now way behind schedule for making Christmas cards, I tried one using a watercolor background I had made earlier.

I was saved by a video by Sandy Allnock.  She showed how to make multiples of Christmas cards.  Boy, did I need this.  First I made a couple sheets of watercolor backgrounds.  Since I didn't have the same supplies, I used what I had available.  I used Arches watercolor paper and Peerless watercolor papers.

After allowing these to dry overnight, I cut out 5 card size pieces from each large sheet with a Sizzix die.
The next step was to turn these into cards by stamping a sentiment and then layering the cards onto gold paper and a white card base.

Only one is these has the sentiment embossed in white, the others are in gold embossing powder.  I'll show the one with white below:
Here is one of the gold ones below:
I had 2 pieces that weren't working with the previous treatment, so I stamped a different sentiment in black and added a black layer.

I have a start, but will need to make more.  I hope I can get them mailed soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment