Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Watercolor gold

I've been following Sandy Allnock's free classes on Go for the Gold.  I'm not really one who uses a lot of gold, but I decided to try it with this card.

 

I bought some of the watercolor paper that Sandy recommends for card makers - Canson XL.  I used the liquid watercolors by Dr. Ph. Martin that I've had for many years.   After coloring with 3 colors, I spritzed the paper with water with gold Perfect Pearls added.  When paper was dry, I cut it out with a Spellbinders die.  I then rubbed it with my embossing buddy - a little pillow filled with powder.  I stamped the flowers from Penny Black with Versamark ink and embossed with Ranger gold embossing powder.  Finally, I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with the same ink and embossed with same embossing powder.

I started to mount the layer to a white card base and didn't like it.  I took Sandy's advice and rubbed Versamark ink around the edges and added the gold embossing powder.  I didn't get good coverage the first time, so I added more ink and more embossing powder.  I used Tombow Xtreme tape runner to adhere to base card.

No comments:

Post a Comment