Tuesday, December 30, 2014


Since I survived through the Christmas season, I decided to attempt to make cards again.  I started with the idea to make cards for the friends who sent me Christmas cards.  I didn't send any at all this year.  I found and embossing folder in my stash and a stamp set that had never been used.
My first step was to brayer ink for multicolor Kaleidacolor ink pads onto the inside of and embossing folder and place white cardstock in the folder and emboss and transfer the ink for a background.  This is the results from my efforts.
After washing all the ink from my brayer, embossing folder and hands, I pulled out my stamp set.
My first attempt at stamping the sentiment made a big mess on the cardstock because the excess rubber hadn't been trimmed from the stamps.  I proceeded to remove rubber from the wood mount by placing stamps in microwave a few seconds to loosen the adhesive.  I then trimmed off the excess rubber.  Next, I added double stick tape to an acrylic block and arranged the sentiments on the sticky surface and stamped my sentiments.

My next step was to create a card using some of the created card parts.
I hope to soon create more cards from this mess I have created.