Saturday, November 8, 2014

Growing older, not so gracefully

My blog hasn't been very active because of lots of health problems.  About a month ago, I developed a severe light sensitivity.  The computer screen was especially difficult.  I have to wear sunglasses in the house and especially when using computer.  I've spent a lot of time with my eye doctor.  He has done thorough exams and tried eye drops.  The current plan is to do cataract surgery next week.  I didn't realize that cataracts created glare.  I hope this helps my problem.

To complicate things, I tripped over my dog while taking out the trash.  I was pretty lucky and only got some bruising.  Unfortunately, my worst injury was my right hand.  Lots of ice and elevating it, along with being checked by 2 doctors, and I'm feeling better.  The swelling has gone down enough to type.

During all this time, I did work on making a card.  This is what I came up with.
This is a very old unmounted stamp that I found in one of my stamp drawers.  I created the round TUIT with stickers on a punched circle.  I'll probably mail this to one of the lovely ladies that have remembered me with their nice cards to try to stimulate my mojo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Velda! This is a funny card.

    I'm hoping that as you read this you are doing better. I really missed my regular card making and visiting everyone on my blog roll this past year...I need to really work to change that in 2015. Wishing you the best!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete