Saturday, February 1, 2014

OWH Card Bowl 2014 - ODBD Challenge

Since this is Superbowl weekend, Operation Write Home is having a Card Bowl.  I haven't tried yesterday's challenge yet, but I made one for today's Our Daily Bread Designs challenge.  This challenge is to make a masculine card using brown in the design.

I started working on a technique that I saw in a magazine, using embossing resist.  This is the card I made first, using white embossing powder.
I stamped the Penny Black image with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I used sponge dauber to added the background of colored inks.  I then wiped the white embossing with a tissue to clean off all ink.  I cut this out with a Spellbinders die and adhered it to white cardstock.  The black border is just computer generated to show the card edges.
This card was made with a clear stamp of wheat.  I stamped it with Versamark ink and embossed it with a tan colored embossing powder.  The background ink is brayered on using a Kaleidacolor ink pad, called Autumn Leaves.  I cut out the image with a Spellbinders die, then used the same die to cut a scrap piece of cream colored cardstock to stamp the image.  Background was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment