Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Choosing colors

After tucking and sorting my cards for the next box for Operation Write Home, I discovered that I needed more 'love' cards.  I picked out some sentiments and proceeded to make some cards.  My first group just didn't please me.
 
After staring at these cards to see why I didn't like them, I slept on it.  The next morning, I looked at them again in daylight.  Surprise!  Those flower centers were brown, not black.  I had more of that paper, so decided to pair it with brown and this is the result.
I liked this card, so made 3 of them.  The lesson here is to look at colors in good light and try to use colors that look good together.  A color wheel can be very helpful, but I admit that I mostly just choose what I think looks good together in daylight.
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Velda:
    Just stopping by to see your beautiful Cards, You are doing such a wonderful this with the "Operation Write Home" this is such a fabulous thing you do. I would love to know more about it .
    God Bless You for your Kindness for others.
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete