Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beach scene technique

I became inspired when I saw this technique for creating a beach scene on a card.  Theresa even created a nice video.  I didn't have the same stamps that she used, but I'm working on creating cards with the supplies I have available.


 












I didn't have the dies that Theresa used, so I used a Spellbinders oval die.  It takes a litte practice to get the coloring where you want it.  I used Memento inks and Prismacolor pencils.  This is a fun technique and I will probably continue to practice with it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a technique I've never seen before and I think the results are great. i actually think that your beach scene is even better for OWH cards since it's just a bit more generic without the beach chairs. Very nice work Velda. You are really pouring yourself into your card making and it shows. :)

    ReplyDelete