Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gate fold card

I have had a total loss of mojo lately.  I decided to make a fun card for a friend.  I can't actually post this until she receives it, but it is in the mail.  I'm just writing this and will post it after she receives her card.

I enjoy making gate fold cards.  The two attachments on front of card cross to opposite side for closure.  The image is from Stamper's Best and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment on front is an unlabeled unmounted rubber stamp.  The card is held closed by small magnetic buttons that are attached between layers of paper.

It's hard to read the inside of the card in this photo.  The left side says 'Butterfly Wishes' and the right side says 'Dragonfly Dreams'.   These stamps are by the Stamp Doctor.  The center sentiment is by Penny Black.

The butterflies are made with punches by Martha Stewart and the dragonfly is a sticker by Starform.  I actually punched 2 of each butterfly.  The dark one is glued flat on the card and the gold one is only attached in center.

No comments:

Post a Comment