Wednesday, September 5, 2012

OWH VCMP- challenge #10

I know, the Virtual Card Making Party was held on Labor Day weekend, but I'm old and slow.  I still haven't met all the challenges, but I did make one for Challenge #10.  This challenge was to make a card that represents your state.  Since I live in southern Nevada, I made a desert scene, complete with Joshua Tree, Roadrunner and gecko.
These are all made with very old unmounted stamps that I bought when I first moved to the desert.  You can see scenes similar to this all around this area.  I hope it reminds some of our heroes of home.

3 comments:

  1. That's such a neat scene, Velda. I've never been out west, so I can only imagine what it must look like in the desert, and this is pretty much what I expected. Thanks for playing along with my challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Velda, this is a great card to represent Nevada! I loved the incredible rock formations and beauty of the SW when we visited there a couple of years ago! This really captures it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a gorgeous scene. I love desert scenes and I am sure some of our troops will too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete