Sunday, August 5, 2012

Masculine cards

The August challenge for Our Daily Bread Designs on the Stars & Stamps blog is to make masculine cards for Operation Write Home.  I do enjoy making masculine cards.

I just received an order from Pop-Ups of vinyl peel-off stickers.  They have a great variety.  Be sure to watch their videos on how to use these stickers.  Very educational.  For these cards, I used the eagles and the sentiments.  I applied to eagles to white cardstock, then colored in the wings with Marvy markers.  They are popped up with foam dimensional tape. 

The stars are embossed with an embossing folder from the Paper Studio called Tiny Stars.  I patted on some white Brilliance ink to make the stars show up better.  I like Brilliance pads for this because the are firm and not too juicy.

The trees are cut with a Sizzix die called Pine Tree from textured cardstock.  The ribbon is velvet ribbon made for Christmas decorations.

4 comments:

  1. Those are two handsome cards for guys, Velda! I keep forgetting to look for that tiny stars embossing folder; I really like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great! Those trees and the soaring eagles reminds me of the mountain resorts here in Southern California. My LSS has those vinyl peel-off stickers. They sure do come in handy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's my style, Velda! I love your eagles! Those stickers look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the texture and dimension going on in this card! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete