Monday, May 7, 2012

OWH Rebel Challenge - owl

I started this card yesterday during the Operation Write Home Rebel Challenge.  This challenge was issued on the
2 Paw Prints blog to make a card with an owl on it.  I didn't think I had any owl stamps, but found this one in a clear set that I had stored in a CD case, with no label.  I embossed it in silver on blue paper.  The hexagon frames are Spellbinders Nestibilities that I had purchased long ago and never used. 

The sentiment is by Hero Arts and mounted on Spellbinders tags, which are held on with silver brads with a blue gem in the center.  The background paper was from my stash and I embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to give it some texture.

2 comments:

  1. Nice color combo on this card Velda. Glad you were able to play along. I love the virtual card making parties and was bummed out that I wasn't able to really participate much this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. Wish I could see it in real life. So glad you found your owl

    ReplyDelete