Saturday, January 21, 2012

Desert Rain


We are having a rainy day in the desert.  These photos show rain on the window.  The gray background is bare tree branches and the brown background is a wooden fence.  I take these photos on macro setting and focus on the glass, not the background.

Later, I will print these photos on cardstock and use them for backgrounds for my cards.

I'm getting the urge to make some cards, but my cardmaking supplies are packed for moving.  I will begin moving into my new home in mid-February.  Once I get my craft room set up, I hope to begin making cards for Operation Write Home.  Our deployed troops in Afghanistan really enjoy having handmade cards to send home to their loved ones.  It's been far too long since I'm made cards for them.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the urge has come back...that's great! Rain in the desert! Making sure the desert will bloom again, eh? Hope it doesn't eggaserbate your pains.
    I'm recovering slowly from flu and an awful cough which is exhausting me.
    Number 2 son is in Seattle at the Boeing factory and will shop for me a little bit next week. His last overseas travel with work as he's moving back near his home again which is good for family life.
    Take care til we speak again.

    ReplyDelete