Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Flower layering stamps

 Since I have recently have trouble coloring images, I decided to try layering stamps for flowers.  I bought Altenew Pretty Pansies.  I also bought several sets of Altenew ink cubes.  My first problem was opening the ink cubes.  With numb fingers from carpal tunnel, the lids wouldn't come off.  I finally used a knife blade to insert between lid and body of the container to open them.

The ink worked well and the stamps were easy to align with my Mini Misty.  I used Masking Magic to stamp the leaf behind he flower.  This left an unstamped area between the flower and leaf. 


To correct this, I used a blending stump to pick up some ink from the cube and filled in the white area.


I will work with more of the flower layering stamps, but would prefer to find some easier to use ink pads.  One other problem I had was I lost the tiny stamp for the middle of flower.  It's clear plastic and too tiny for my old fingers and eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment