Friday, May 29, 2020

Masks and die cut card

I've been spending a lot of time making masks for friends.  I ordered some great elastic cord from Simon Says Stamp.  My friends liked the elastic so much that I'm been making lots of masks.  This elastic cord is so soft that it doesn't hurt their ears.  I also learned to add wire twistem to the nose portion to shape it around the nose.  This keeps your glasses from steaming up.  The masks are 2 layers of fabric, with the twistem inside the top seam. I don't know how long we will need to wear masks, but they are required at some places here in town.
My neighbor had a lot of fabric from her mother, who was a quilter, so I've been making masks from many of these fabrics.  You can't really tell from these photos, but it's a simple rectangle with pleats on both sides.  There are many different fabrics.

I did take some time to make a card from one of my new dies.
This die is from Waffle Flower and called Herringbone Panel Die.  It has a diamond shaped solid area in the center.  I used a very old Martha Stewart punch for the center, the cut it out with a Spellbinder scalloped square.  I added some gems on the center piece.

Now I just got a shipment of more new dies to play with.  Hope to make some cards with them soon, between making masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment