Saturday, January 18, 2020

Experimenting with new die

I bought a bunch of dies in the end of the year sales.  Some of them were Christmas dies.  This is one of them:
I tried experimenting with various background to see what worked.  My first thought was that it is and ornament, so it needs to be on a tree.  The backgrounds were too busy to show the detail in this diecut.  I decided to use a more subdued background.  These are the supplies I ended up using.
The mulberry card stack is actually card bases in various colors.  I chose the blue for these cards.  I cut them down to make 2 cards from one card base.


These 2 cards are the same, except for the edges on the blue mulberry cardstock.  On the first card, I used a silver pen around the edges.  On the second card, I used Versamark ink and embossing powder.  I first used white and then went over it with iridescent embossing powder.  This was to go with the white sparkle cardstock that I used for the die cut.
The next 2 cards were made on blue pearlescent paper.  On the first one, I used plain white cardstock for the die cut and white embossing powder for the second.



I used a small piece of silver cord to 'hang' the first 2 ornaments and used white card on the second 2 cards.  Since they were ornaments, I felt the need to hang them on something.  My first attempt  to hang them on a tree made the background too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment