Sunday, January 27, 2019

More on broken Bigshot

In the previous post (HERE), I showed my broken Big Shot die cutting machine.  I have since analyzed it a bit more and asked for suggestions for replacing it.  Here are some of the results:

Inside all the pretty plastic housing are some gears that are connected to the rollers.  Some of the teeth are broken on the gears.  The smaller gear was attached to handle and the larger ones to the rollers.  I guess lots of years of use and probably some improperly, the metal gears broke.  It was a good machine and gave me lots of good use.

When asking for advice on a replace, another Big Shot topped the list, so I have ordered a new one.  If it is a good the old one, I should have it for the rest of my crafting years, since I'm now 80 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment