Thursday, October 11, 2018

Birthday shadow box card














I recently purchased some new Memory Box dies with butterflies.  I felt they were perfect for shadow box cards.  The die on the inside worked very well.  However, I was surprised to learn that the butterflies on the front of the card  cut out separately from the background.  This made it possible to color the butterflies.  I dabbed them with Encore bronze metallic ink.  After all this work, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and added embossing powder.  Unfortunately, it clumped in areas, making it difficult to read.  The sentiment says, "Sending you birthday wishes on the gossamer wings of a butterfly".  Since this card is for a very dear friend, I didn't start over.  She will understand.  The inside sentiment is a sticker, so I wouldn't mess it up further.

I made a watercolor background for the inside of the shadow box.  I used pearlescent watercolors for this, which a adds a shimmer that goes well with the shiny Bazzill cardstock that I used for the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment