Friday, July 20, 2018

Interruptions

I was enjoying creating a special birthday card for a relative, when I got sad news and had to stop what I was doing and create a sympathy card for and old friend who lost her husband of 58 years.
This background was made by smooshing watercolor paper into watered down Distress Inks on acetate.  I kept adding more ink and water, repeating the process several times to create some depth.  I cut the sentiment with a die and made 4 layers, gluing them atop each other.    I cut a layer from the craft cardstock that I used for the sentiment and adhered them to a white card base.

Now, back to the birthday card I was working on.
This card began with a soft watercolor background.  I placed a lattice die cut (from a Hero Arts die) over the watercolor.  The flower die cut (from a Simon Says Die) did not show up over the lattice, so I used an oval die to cut out the center.  I use 2 oval dies (from Hero Arts infinity ovals) to make a frame to cover the cut edges around the flowers.  I added some gems to the lattice and some stickers to surround the other edge of card.  The sentiment is a metallic sticker, colored with a Sharpie pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment