Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Feel better card

I've learned over the years that my cards are more satisfying when I create them with a special recipient in mind, instead of just creating generic cards.  This card was made for someone special who will soon be having surgery.
The recipient of this card loves Snoopy and loves purple.  I stamped the image in black ink, then colored the grass and envelop with colored pencils.  I cut out the pinked circles with Spellbinder dies and adhered them together, staggering to points to create little diamonds.  I needed a background, so I created this watercolor background with 2 colors of Twinking H2Os - Snapdragon and Solar Gold.  While it was wet, I added wrinkled plastic wrap and let it partially dry.  While still damp, I sprinkled on some coarse salt to create the mottled look.  When dry, I cut it to size and dusted it with Stamping Buddy.  Using my mini Misti, I stamped the sentiment with Grape Jelly Memento ink multiple times,  then a layer of Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  All layers are adhered with Tombow Xtreme tape an mounted to a white card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment