Saturday, June 24, 2017

Inside weather


This has been a week to stay inside, as the outdoor temperatures are hot!  This thermometer is on my patio, in the shade.  Needless to say, I didn't spend much time outside.  This is our hottest time of the year here in the southern Nevada desert, so we expect this weather and enjoy being inside.





I have spent a lot of time in my craft room, making cards.  I made the backgrounds with watercolors on watercolor paper.  After spreading very wet blobs of color onto the paper, I placed plastic wrap over it and pressed it down with lots of wrinkles.  Once dry, this gives a variety of results.  I played around with stamps and have found that solid (silhouette style) stamps work the best of this background.


 

I had fun trying to create framing to compliment the in colors.

1 comment:

  1. Fortunately we lived there fall/winter so didn't have those temps until we moved to Palm Desert, CA in the summer. Ugh. Love this technique and hope to try it again soon with some new inks. Have you tried sprinkling salt on it before the plastic wrap? I've done salt with and without the wrap. Another interesting look. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete