Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My challenge

Since I posted that I prefer to design cards with a special recipient in mind, I decided to try to make cards without knowing who will receive them.  It takes much longer for me to do this.  I've been working on these two cards for a couple of weeks.  I'm still not totally satisfied with them.



I started these cards with watercolor paper and Distress inks smooshed on acetate.  I cut the upper layers with dies.  I found it difficult to find cardstock that was compatible with the ink smooshed watercolor paper.  Next, I had to find punches or dies to make component parts of the card.  This is my results.  I may try this again so I'm not always rushing to make cards for family birthdays.

After posting this, I decided to make a change.  Did I improve it or not?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Velda! Love the butterfly card and the smooshing! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete