Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas cards

I've received many nice cards from other card makers on Gingerwood Bulletin Board.  They have been trying to inspire me to make cards again.  Last month, I received a birthday card from one of them.  I was impressed by the stamp and die set that she used, so I asked where she got it.  It was the Fancy Banner set from Taylored Expressions.  I had never been to their website and was very impressed.  I ordered the banner set and will try to use it soon.  I also bought a Nativity Die and liked it so much that I made Christmas cards this year, first time in years.  I made them all alike, except that some are cut from gold glossy paper and some from silver glossy paper.


The sentiment is an old rubber stamp from My Sentiments Exactly.  I removed this portion from the wood and used it with my Mini Misti stamp positioner.  The edges of top layer are rubbed with Versamark Ink and dipped in embossing powder.  This gives a nice edge on that top layer.

Time will tell if I succeed in continuing to make cards.  I'm impressed by the quality of the dies from Taylored Expressions and may need to get more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment