Thursday, September 29, 2016

Watercolor Fall cards

I've been waiting for inspiration to make cards again.  Since it's getting to be fall weather, I'm trying to make Thanksgiving cards for family.  I found a technique that I decided to try.  Here's my inspiration from Jennifer McGuire's blog.

Since I'll be using watercolor paper, I decided to use my Mini Misti tool, since stamping on watercolor paper more difficult to get a good image.  Since my stamp was a wood mounted rubber stamp, I had to remove it from the block.  I then used Wackytac (a temporary liquid adhesive) on the rubber and let it dry.  This did keep the stamp in place until I removed it later, leaving no residue.

I used a very old two toned embossing powder by Moon Glow, called Sunrise Salmon/Gold with Versamark ink.  I then followed Jennifer's technique of applying Distress ink with my fingers.  I used a variety of colors, but didn't write them down.  I embossed with an embossing folder, sandwiched with a Tim Holtz embossing diffuser.  This is and acrylic piece, with and oval removed from the center.  This allows a flat area for the sentiment.  I also traced inside the oval with a gold pen.
 

The next 2 cards were done using the same technique, but using white embossing powder.  The second card was debossed by mistake (folder upside down) and the third was embossed properly.  I then tapped some ink onto the raised areas.

I'm going to study these for a while before making more cards with this technique.  As Jennifer says in her video, the ink does wear off your fingers.


No comments:

Post a Comment