Saturday, February 27, 2016

Watercolor lifting

It's been a long winter for me, but springtime weather is making me feel better.  I can't make the cards as in the past because of arthritic hands, but I'm trying.  I saw this technique of watercolor lifting on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  It took me several tries, but here's the card I finished.

Inside of card
I made the butterfly with foil candy wrap (Hershey's dark chocolate kisses) that I bought last fall.  I saved some of the wraps because they were so pretty.  I ran a piece of purple cardstock through my old Xyron and used that adhesive to adhere the foil.  I then cut it out with a Spellbinders butterfly die.  I used Distress ink pads to create the background.  You can go to Jennifer's blog to see the video on the technique.

I hope to try this technique a little more because I have several family birthdays coming up.

1 comment:

  1. So clever of you to use the candy wrapper for the butterfly. It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete