Friday, September 12, 2014

Hedgehog anniversary

I've been making personal cards and didn't want to post them until they are in the hands of the recipient.  This is an anniversary card I made for a very special couple in my life.
The hedgehogs are an old stamp by Penny Black.  I stamped and embossed on watercolor paper, then added color with my Peerless watercolors.  The sentiment is from Art Impressions, with hearts added with a Pearl Pen.  The frame and ribbon slide are from pearlescent paper.  I had a lot of problems getting any adhesive to hold the watercolor paper to the pearlescent paper.  Then the ribbon slide wouldn't stick to the ribbon.  I used Miracle tape, which didn't hold.  I used dimensional foam tape, which didn't hold.  Finally, I drizzled some Glossy Accents under the ribbon slide and held it in place until dry.  When mailed, it appeared to be holding together.  The little hearts are stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment