Friday, October 25, 2013

Partial die cuts

Yesterday I tried making this type of card with punches instead of the Partial Die Cuts that is shown in this tutorial.  Today, I tried the technique with a word die, made by Memory Box.
I kept the design very simple, but gave it some texture with Cuttlebug embossing folders.  The biggest problem I was was cutting the line that goes between the letters.  I have always been craft knife challenged, but my first attempt today was a total failure.
That jagged cut is from having a dull blade in my craft knife.  I dug through my supplies and located a new knife blade.  This never made it into a card, but I hope I can help someone else learn from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment