Monday, September 16, 2013

Valentine cards

When we make cards for Operation Write Home, cards need to be made well in advance of holidays to give time for lots of mailing - to our shipper, to the deployed troops, then mailed back home to loved ones.  Since it takes me a couple months to fill a box to send to shipper, I'm already making Valentines.
I decided to make some cards similar to these, but with a simple Love sentiment to make them more versatile.  This cardstock is from the Core'dinations chocolate box collection, embossed, sanded & ink added to sanded areas.  I made several of these. 
The chain punch on the valentines is made by EK Success and the punch used on the love cards is made by Martha Stewart.
 
The ribbon is added by using a very old ribbon punch that makes 2 slots in the cardstock to thread the ribbon through to the back of heart.  The ribbon is more secure than it would be if just glued in place.
 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty color combo in these Velda! I've seen this 'chocolate box' paper stack before but never seen it in action. It gives a great effect with the distressing as you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these. I think I need me some chocolate paper. I have a bunch of the black with colored core.

    ReplyDelete