Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More leaf cards

I've been making a few more cards with leaves on them for the fall season.  I stamped the backgrounds with various small leaf stamps with a Kaleidacolor ink pad called Autumn Leaves.  The ink pad has 5 colors of ink to give a nice balance.

I have learned to stamp one stamp on background in 3 different areas, in the form of a triangle.  Then, chose a second stamp and repeat the process.  This gives a nice balance to the stamped image.  The triangles aren't all the same and some images are partly off the paper.  I allow the ink to dry before placing the stamped background in an embossing folder and running it through my Big Shot.  Each background is a bit different, but they all have a similar appearance.


These 2 cards were embellished with Spellbinders dies.  The sentiment is a die cut with a Cuttlebug die.  The tag is also a Spellbinders die.

The leaves on these last 2 cards are called Decorative Accents from the Black Ink Co.  I've had them for years, so they may no longer be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment