Saturday, November 24, 2012

Love from a distance

I'm rebelling against all this forced spending, when most of us can't afford it.  I refuse to buy more craft supplies until I'm out of debt.  My money is going to pay my bills, not buy more 'stuff' simply because it's on sale.

Our heroes are working hard to keep us free and I would rather support them and their families than to go shopping.  Since Operation Write Home must have cards a couple months before the recipients receive them, I'm working on cards for Valentine's Day.  I made 4 of these today.

This sentiment is a very old rubber stamp by Embossing Arts.  The love heart is an unmounted stamp, so I don't know who made it.  I stamped it in Versamark ink and embossed it with gold embossing powder,  I then cut out the heart with a Spellbinder Nestibility.

I put Miracle Tape on the back sides of this paper, then wrapped gold thread around the cardstock sticking it to the tape on the back.  I adhered this to a layer of the same color cardstock that I used for the heart.  This was then mounted onto a white card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment