Friday, June 15, 2012

OWH Challenges

I'm trying to make enough cards to enter the challenges at Operation Write Home.  You can learn about these challenges HERE.  I'm hoping by challenging myself to make enough cards in time to meet the deadlines, I can motivate myself to create more cards..  The Duty.Honor.Cards card drive is due to the shippers by July 4.  If you feel up to making some cards for this challenge, please read and follow all the guidelines.


I made these two cards this morning.  I inked the Penny Black stamp with Marvy Brush Art markers, then spritzed the stamp with water before stamping on absorbent cardstock.  The card on the right, I added more water, making image darker.  The die is a Spellbinder Nestibility and the background is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Ribbon is by Offray and threaded through 2 holes punched in base of image. 

Tip:  Use a dental floss threader to guide ribbon through holes.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards Velda! I like how you used the die cut to frame the image It looks like you're on a roll with your creating with all the cards you've posted in recent days. Keep up thr great work!

    ReplyDelete