Saturday, September 7, 2013

Thank you cards

Monsoon season in the desert makes me pretty miserable.  The older I get the more my joints ache with weather changes.  I moved to the desert to escape high humidity and we're having lots of humidity lately.  It's also peak allergy season for me.  With aching joints and sinus headache, etc. I'm not feeling much like making cards.

I made a couple of these these week, but nothing terribly creative.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder of holly with my Core'dinations Chocolate Box cards stock.  It's brown on the front with a green core.  After embossing, I sanded the raised areas then colored the holly berries with a red Marvy LePlume marker.  I wanted the berries to be distressed like the sanded leaves.

I cut the holly leaves & berries with a very old Sizzix original die.  The sentiment is cut with a Memory Box die.  I mounted this on green cardstock to make the embossed holly look more green.

These cards will go to Operation Write Home for our deployed troops to send thank yous for Christmas gifts they may receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment