Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Passing the time

With this pandemic going on, I've been staying home and wasting time.  I decided it was time to make some cards.  This first was made with watercolors.
scan

photo
My computer was updated recently and I can no longer use my old camera to post photos.  I tried the scanner, but it's so flat and the gold paper looks like a matte brown.  The photo was taken with my phone and doesn't do as good as my old reliable camera.

I stamped and embossed the floral image and watercolored the flowers and leaves.  Then I added the watercolored background.  The sentiment was stamped last.

scan

photo

Since this card is very flat, the difference in the scan and photo are less noticeable.  I used a variety of small stamps to create this card.  I masked the mountains and blended some Distress Oxide inks for the sky.  I used Stormy Sky and Peacock Feathers inks.  I then colored the rest of the image with colored pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment