Friday, August 25, 2017

Watercolor anniversary card

I've been working on creating cards with the watercolor backgrounds that I created earlier.  This background was a little dark and busy and many designs didn't work well with it.  I thought that gold embossing would show up, but didn't.  I filled in the heart, flowers and leaves with pearlescent watercolors.  It took several layers to make them show.  I even added some clear Wink of Stella pen to the heart for some sparkle.  The sentiment was completely lost in the background, so I stamped it on white cardstock and added a red frame to cover the stamped sentiment.  I also added a gold ribbon to anchor the sentiment.

I used Sizzix rectangle dies to cut out the layers.  I didn't notice until card was assembled that the pierced holes didn't punch all the way through.  I'll have to pay more attention the next time I use these dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment