Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Wrapped watercolor

As I look for ways to motivate me to make more cards, I enjoy reading the blogs and watching videos by great cardmakers.  I really enjoy Jennifer McGuire's creations.  Recently, this technique inspired me:  Wrapped watercolor
This technique involves placing crinkled plastic wrap over a wet watercolor background.  Results can vary greatly.

My creations look nothing like Jennifer's, but I'll keep trying.  My first card turned out really light and I didn't think it would work, so I tried on with more intense colors.  That one looked unusable.
I managed to add some stamps to create an acceptable card.  However, my darker creations gave me a lot of challenges.
I stamped some storm clouds over the upper section, then a row of palm trees in the lower portion.  I didn't like it at all.  Then, I pulled out my Twinkling H2O watercolors and added some glowing sunny areas to create a sunset.  The sentiment seemed appropriate.  This image doesn't show the real glow, so I took a flash photo to show how shiny it really appears.


In real life, the image is somewhere between these two photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment