I haven't been keeping up my blog lately. I haven't been making cards and don't seem to have much to say. Yesterday, my dog decided to get me in my craft room. He managed to get a plastic bag filled with old tags that were traded at a convention long ago. I didn't realize there was some candy in those old 'matchbooks'. That sense of smell got him interested. He managed to tear up lots of paper and plastic. I spent a lot of yesterday cleaning up the mess.
Apparently, one of these contained a tea bag. I saw a brown spot on the brown carpet and assumed he had vomited. After I put carpet cleaner on the spot, I discovered that it was loose tea. Wetting it created a bigger mess. If only I had vacuumed first, I probably could have saved myself some work.
At least my dog got me back in the craft room!!!
Friday, January 16, 2015
I finally made a couple of cards with the backgrounds I created in the previous post. It's been several weeks since I started these. I brayered Kaleidacolor ink into the inside of the Musical Notes embossing folder and embossed white cardstock in them. After staring at my backgrounds for quite a while, I mixed up some Perfect Pearl mica powder into some water in a spray bottle and spritzed the backgrounds to give them some sparkle. Then, I stared at this creation for a week or so. Today, I finally turned a couple of them into cards.